We are seeking a full-time Therapeutic Behavioral Services Specialist to be responsible for assisting clients and caretakers in the client’s goal achievements, implementation of behavior and treatment plans, intervening therapeutically when a client is experiencing behavioral and emotional difficulties, and regular documentation of these services.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for providing intensive, behaviorally focused mental health services, through implementing the client’s individual treatment and behavioral plans within the Child and Family Guidance Center agency and other community partners.
- Provides clients with behaviorally-based interventions, including skill building, problem-solving strategies, reinforcement (praise, feedback, & token economy), time-structuring activities, inappropriate response prevention, positive reinforcement, appropriate time out strategies, and/or cognitive behavioral approaches to reduce target behaviors.
- Collaborates with caregivers, teachers, treatment team members and other significant support persons in the client’s life to develop skills necessary to support client in goal achievement, through psycho-education, modeling, coaching and other behavioral therapeutic strategies.
- Hours: Full-time (40 hours). Monday – Friday. Must be able to work flexible hours; early morning, afternoon, and/or late evenings
- Hybrid work option available.
Starting salary: $19.00 per hour (additional years of successful related experience will be considered as well)
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience working with children and families in a mental health or related setting.
- Ability to work in a warm and supportive manner with children who have behavioral, social emotional difficulties.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team, form and maintain professional relationships, and accept and utilize supervision from clinical staff.
- B.A./B.S. in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Child Development, or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years of experience in working in mental health.