We are seeking a full-time Bilingual Engagement Specialist for our Balboa location to engage new clients during the intake process and to increase client participation in treatment. The Engagement Specialist will address attendance barriers and decrease rates of cancellation and no shows to scheduled appointments.
What You’ll Do:
- Reviews agency Attendance Policy with caregivers and partners with Intake or Treating Therapist is assuring the clarity of attendance expectations.
- Meets with family to assign their case and schedules the 1st treatment appointment using Outlook calendars.
- Utilizes the Engagement Specialist model and contact clients/caregivers within 24 hours of 1st missed scheduled treatment appointments, and continue with activities outlined in this model to support clients with consistent attendance to treatment appointments.
- Provides referrals for families unable to overcome barriers to consistent treatment attendance to outside resources needed.
- Utilizes concurrent documentation to prepare notes and bills for engagement interventions following DMH standards.
- Hours: Full-time (40 hours). Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm (1-hour meal break)
- Hybrid work option available. *Training will be conducted fully on-site for the first 90-days, subject to change based on the center’s needs.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Must provide professional, calm and engaging manner with potentially problematic situations.
- Must be able to communicate ideas in a clear manner.
- Must have a good sense of judgment as pertaining to the position and have the ability to know when to consult with supervisor.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize, plan work activities and use time effectively.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Must be able to work as a team player, in a teamwork environment.
- Must be enthusiastically committed to the overall well-being of the department and the objectives of the Center.
- B.A./B.S. in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Child Development, or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years of experience in working with children and families.