We are seeking a full-time Bilingual Admissions Specialist for Northridge location. The Admissions Specialist will collaborate and coordinate with perspective clients and various referring entities to gather information and evaluate the appropriateness of treatment at the Center and/or to make appropriate referrals outside of the Center.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicates and establishes rapport with prospective clients through telephone, video conference, or in person (in office and in the field) in order to gather information on symptoms and behaviors, past or present traumas, safety concerns, as well as financial information (e.g., Medi-Cal, insurance, etc.) and legal information (e.g., court documents, custody paperwork, etc.) in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborates and coordinates with school personnel, healthcare providers, probation officers, attorneys, hospital personnel, DMH, DCFS and other community agencies to enroll appropriate referrals.
- Identifies crisis situations, provides emergency contact information and refers to the Admissions and Phone Screen Supervisor or On-Call Clinician when needed.
- Documents suspected child abuse and submits a Suspected Child Abuse Report when required.
- Schedules clients for pre-admission and intake appointments.
- Responsible for data entry, preparing and submitting weekly updates to referring entities, and completing progress notes
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 5:30 pm (with possible evenings and/or later morning as scheduled by the Admission and Phone Screening Supervisor)
- Hybrid work option available.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong assessment and clinical judgment skills.
- Ability to obtain specific information under stressful conditions and to make assessments with a limited amount of information.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Medical and psychological terminology.
- B.A./B.S. in Psychology, Social Work or other Mental Health related field.