For over 40 years, the Center has trained undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students for careers working with children and families in community mental health settings. Trainees provide services at all Center locations.
Our current training programs include:
- APA-Accredited Doctoral Psychology Internship – main office is at our Northridge location
- Psychology postdoctoral residency in child abuse, trauma, and early intervention programs at the North Hills location
- Psychology practicum placements at the North Hills location
- 1st and 2nd year social work internships at the Northridge and North Hills Center locations (MSW students must be referred to us by their graduate program)
- Testing Clerkships at the North Hills location
- Recreation Therapy Internship at Northpoint School in Northridge
Because of the expertise of our supervisory staff and the cultural and linguistic needs of many of our clients, the Center is able to offer unique training experiences for English/Spanish bilingual students who wish to enhance or refine their skills in providing services to Spanish-speaking families.
NOTE TO INDIVIDUALS SEEKING MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY (MFT) INTERNSHIPS AND TRAINEESHIPS:
The Center does not offer a formal MFT internship program. MFTIs are considered to be entry-level staff and they receive the required hours of supervision in preparation for licensure. If you are seeking an MFT internship, please return to the opening page of the Website and click on “Careers” for a list of current openings and application procedures. The North Hills location does offer training to MFT trainees in the Psychology practicum placements.